Nursery Director Job Description
This document is designed to provide guidance and direction to the Asbury employee to ensure a full commitment to the overall mission of our church, performance of duties, and effectiveness in ministry. These are the job requirements which will be evaluated on a regular basis, and ties to continuing employment status.
The Mission of Asbury UMC: To bring people into ever more committed relationship with Jesus Christ and with His Church: Asbury
Date: August 2020
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and the Pastor-Staff Parish Relations Committee (PSPRC)
Classification: Non-Exempt- Hourly
Hours per Week: A minimum of 4 Hrs on Sunday, 8:00 am until noon. Plus additional hours as needed. Asbury will try to provide at least 2 weeks prior notice when additional care is needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To keep children safe and provide loving nurture
- Successful passing of a background check
- Maintain compliance with all Safe Sanctuaries policies
- Introduce Christian concepts to the children
- Assist parents of nursery children
- Staff the nurseries, as required
- Oversee and provide educational opportunities and training for the nursery staff